Mixed Media Mashup
Includes Supplies, Snacks and Lunch
Discover the secrets behind creating dimension, texture, depth and complexity layer by layer. We will be breaking into an arsenal of mixed media supplies to create mixed media
magic: paint, ink, stamps, stencils, die cuts, rub-ons, mark-making and more. You will learn how to "create without thinking" and develop layers that enhance, rather than cover, the layers below.
The techniques you will learn in this workshop can easily cross into your art practice and are designed to enhance your creative freedom and expression.
In Mixed Media Mashup, everything and anything goes.
Student Supply List: NONE
Betty's Creative Studio will supply all the following to be shared among the students
- White gesso
- Fluid acrylic paint (assorted colors)
- Paint brushes (1 inch/ ½ inch cheap bristle brushes work well)
- Water container and paint palette
- Favorite adhesive for collage
- Water mister
- Craft sponges
- Favorite mark making tools (pens, markers, pencils, crayons, etc).
- Please include black and white fine tip journaling pens
- Permanent Ink Pads (StazOn is my favorite)
- Assorted cling stamps and stencils (these are all optional as I will bring ones for everybody to use)
Instructor will provide: Watercolor paper, die cuts to use and all basic supplies on the list to share (in case you are unable to find or bring something)